Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 126/365


     Today I mainly covered the demolition of the old Plaza Hotel in downtown Saginaw. I've never actually seen a building being demolished before, so I thought it was interesting to see for the first time. It went slower than I thought it would; they started with the wrecking ball and bulldozer today and have only got maybe one fifth of it down. The paper will probably be going back to get pictures throughout the week as more of it comes down, but I'll be in Bay City for work tomorrow through Friday so by the time I go by there next it could very well be leveled, (most of the debris will probably be there though, the construction workers thought it would take about a week to tear the building down, and about a month to clear everything out). If you'd like to see any more of my photos from the demolition site, there's an MLive gallery set up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment