Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Day 2/365


     Another photo it is for day two! This one was a complete surprise. I went out to my mom's cabin in rural northeast Ohio early this morning and as we were pulling into the driveway we noticed a humongous snapping turtle alongside the fence. It's not obvious here, but its shell was caked in mud so we weren't sure if it had just come out of its nest or not. The photo was taken about two hours ago; this big guy is slowly making his way to the gate entrance that we left open for him to come into the backyard!

2 comments:

  1. Colleen,

    I don't think I have ever thought about the nose of a snapping turtle - just the snappers! this fellow looks kinda cute!

    Barb (your aunt!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really thought much about their noses either! We were also checking out his claws too; they definitely looked like they'd done some digging recently.

      Delete