Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 114/365


     I ended up having the day off today; there are about one million and one events going on in the Saginaw and Bay City areas up here in Michigan this weekend so my schedule got rearranged a bit so I could cover those. I'll be getting a bit of overtime out of it, so I'm definitely not complaining! 
     Anyways, I probably have the cutest little old lady for a neighbor. Her name's Betty and she lives on the floor below me across the hall. Whenever she hears me coming in the building she always comes out to say hi, and a few times she's baked me cookies "just because." Whenever she's watching TV you can always hear it in the main entryway downstairs, and nine times out of ten I can guarantee she's watching the movie The Help. I felt like making something for her in return, so I looked up the recipe for the character Minnie's chocolate pie out of the movie, ("terrible-awful" NOT included). It was super easy, plus there was no oven involved so I didn't have to heat up my apartment. Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment