Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 151/365


     Today was an initiation of sorts in my burgeoning photojournalism career; I saw my first dead body while on the job. I covered a car accident in a small rural town outside of Bay City where the truck pictured in today's post ran a stop sign, colliding with a Ford Escape before going airborne and rolling over into someone's front yard. The only people involved were the two drivers, and both of them were killed in the crash. Just as the reporter covering the accident and I got out there, they were using the jaws of life to take the deceased male driver out of the truck while paramedics took the deceased female driver out of the Escape. There's only a few photos up on MLive here so far; the authorities haven't been able to get ahold of the deceased woman's next of kin yet, so I can't post the photos of her car until her husband's been notified. This afternoon's turned into a depressingly surreal waiting game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment