Monday, November 12, 2012

Day 237/365


      Yesterday/Sunday/day 237 was a bit of a doozie. It started off fine; I got some things done around the apartment and all that. The traumatic part of the day was having a bit of run-in at the dog park by my apartment. Some guy brought what I'm positive was a wolf hybrid to the park, and I didn't eel comfortable staying after he let it loose, seeing as Kip likes everyone and every dog and was bound to go up to it at some point. I don't know if it sensed I was a bit uneasy or what, but as soon as it made eye contact with me as I was closing the first gate to the park, it ran for Kip and me, and ended up pushing the gate back against us, trapping us behind the gate and in between the fencing of the little gateway enclosure. I literally don't think I've ever been more terrified or more furious in my life. Luckily there were enough people there that they all ran over yelling at the animal to distract it long enough for the owner to put it back on a leash, and I was able to get out of the park and get Kip straight into my car. 

     Needless to say, we were both freaked out after getting back to the apartment so I decided to bake to get my mind off of the incident for a while and gave Kip plenty of treats hoping that he'd eventually calm down too. I'm a sucker for chocolate and peppermint together, and I'd seen an oreo and candy cane cupcake recipe awhile ago that I'd been wanting to try, so voila. 

2 comments:

  1. Can you be traumatized when I'm around? Just kidding. I'm really sorry about that jerk. These look so good though. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lady! All is good. Kip's doing better; we're taking baby steps and that seems to be working out well.

      Delete