Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 103/365


     Today's post is a closeup of a light fixture in the old Plaza Hotel here in Saginaw, Michigan. I was assigned to cover the clearing-out of the hotel today, since it's set to be demolished sometime within the next month. It was surreal being in the hotel today; it seemed like the last people to be in it had just dropped everything and left in a hurry. There was still water in the pool, martini glasses sitting on the bar, and other things like that. If you're interested in seeing the photos that got into the published story, or would like to read the article that went with them, you find all of that here. Barring any crazy amount of breaking news this weekend: I have tomorrow and Sunday off, which will be spent moving my things into my apartment at last... and probably catching up on the sleep I've missed out on these past three weeks between road-tripping and starting my internship!

No comments:

Post a Comment