Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 163/365


     Today's post is from a shooting I covered in Saginaw. It's still under investigation, so I don't know the full story. What I understood from the entire neighborhood of people watching the police tape the area off was that a young man was in the neighborhood to help his grandmother with some yard work and was shot while he was on his bike near her house. He ran into his grandmother's house where he died before he could be taken to a hospital. I was standing with people who knew the victim pretty well, and who took his death and how it came about pretty hard, (understandably so). One woman, (I'm not sure how she knew the man), was so distraught that at one point she passed out from crying so hard. I'm at the point where I think I'd take just about any other sound right now to replace hearing her in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment