Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blogger's Note


     "A man tells so many stories, that he becomes the stories. They live on after him, and in that way he becomes immortal."

     Four years ago today, your stories became immortal. Backing your car into a dumpster when you were teaching me how to drive became immortal. Trying to fix the ceiling fan in my room only to short out the entire house's electricity became immortal. Inventing swear words by combining three and four of them together the year our Christmas tree kept falling over became immortal. You made everything so much better; even your mistakes made for good stories. You were the best dad I could ever hope to have, and one of the best friends I will ever know. I don't believe in any god or deity, I don't believe in heaven or hell, I don't pray, I don't believe everything happens for a reason. I believe in you. Four years  ago you became immortal, and that's how you'll stay.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Colleen,
    I finally post a comment and it's to say how much your comments move me...to tears. You are absolutely your father's daughter. We love you.

    S

    ReplyDelete