Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day 173/365


     Last night I got to cover a motor derby race out in the middle of nowhere. I was definitely out of my element, as I know absolutely nothing about car racing as it is, and therefore nothing about demolition derby racing. It was by far the loudest event I've ever witnessed. I should've known when I walked in and saw almost everyone, from young kids to elderly men, wearing either ear plugs or protective headphones. While I tried to get photos of the cars through the thick metal fencing and not let my camera ingest too much dust, I felt more at home with taking pictures of the crowd and their different reactions to the racing going on. I particularly had a good time watching this little girl's reaction; she stared at the track all night with this awestruck look on her face. I guess I'd do the same if I was a kid seeing something like that for the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment